Welcome to the Midwest Aronia Association.
The Mission of the Midwest Aronia Association is to:
- Gather and provide information regarding the culture of aronia.
- Better the conditions of those engaged in aronia growing and encourage sustainable growing practices.
- Improve the quality and marketability of aronia produced through the use of education and research.
- Promote the aronia industry and other value-added uses of aronia.
- Network and cooperate with related government agencies, educational institutions, development organizations and private industry to address these stated purposes.
- Promote a healthy social and political environment conducive to aronia growing.
Click this link to view the 2nd Quarter 2017 MAA Newsletter
The USDA-ARS North Central Regional Plant Introduction Station (NCRPIS) in Ames, Iowa hosted a group of Aronia growers on September 6, 2016 led by Horticulturist, Jeff Carstens. Forty lines of native, North American species of Aronia berries are on display, including...
Reduction of anxiety-like and depression-like behaviors in rats after one month of drinking Aronia melanocarpa berry juice.
Click here for Full article Food Funct. 2016 Jul 13;7(7):3111-20. doi: 10.1039/c6fo00321d. Reduction of anxiety-like and depression-like behaviors in rats after one month of drinking Aronia melanocarpa berry juice. Tomić M1, Ignjatović Đ1, Tovilović-Kovačević G1,...